Monday 27 August 2012

Hulu Selangor Science School, 2007-2011


As we go on, we remember
All the times we had together
And as our lives change, come whatever
We will still be friends forever

*This is NOT a cheesy, touchy-touchy post. This is just a piece of my humble tribute to the beloved people I basically grew up with for five whole years.

Hulu Selangor Science School, 
2007 - 2013 
(lol like the school is dead or something)


I can still remember vividly the morning my family and I traveled to the middle of nowhere to register for this school. I was constantly doubting my decision to study in this stupid boarding school, and boy, how I hoped my dad would just make a U-turn and say, "You know what, we're not ready to let you go yet. We want you to be with us just a little bit longer. Let's just enroll you in a daily school okay?". But that's not what happened of course. 

So I was left there, in that stupid school, in a stupid jungle, homesick and scared.

And then, 5 years went on in the blink of an eye. It was time to go home..

. . . . . . .



. Up to this moment, I'm just amazed at how strong we were.You know, to leave home at such a young age.

But it was all for the sake of our future. 
It was not an easy path, but we chose it anyway.
So if we get big jobs and we make the big money
When we look back now, will that joke still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule?

                                                                                                       
                                       
                                     
It was hard. Nobody said it wasn't. But we all knew that one day it would happen, and it would have to be done. We have to move on and go our separate ways.

 Imagine leaving behind a family you've known for five solid years?
But hey, it has been written.

So my friends, I wont say goodbye; but I'll just say, until we meet again.



Will we think about tomorrow like we think about now?
Can we survive it out there? Can we make it somehow?
I guess I thought that this would never end
And suddenly its like we're women and men
Will the past be a shadow that will follow us round?
Will these memories fade when I leave this town

 I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly

Jumpa Lagi Kawan. 






No comments:

Post a Comment